Keep in mind when a mining company discusses exploration activities…
…the objective of an exploration phase is to move onto a mining phase.
- making big money for the company,
- minimal compensation for landholders and community,
- significant environmental damage,
- abuse of local water sources and aquifers,
- likely contamination of groundwater and catchment areas,
- no long term responsibility, no long term community care,
- unlikely rehabilitation.
Be prepared for no real community input, pressure, attempts to split the community, and lawyers… until they get what they want.